This page is the home of some thoughts about preparation to move to the UK. I may be starting it prematurely (haven’t submitted my application yet), but I feel it’s important to prepare myself physically and logistically in parallel with my academic preparations.
In this space you’ll find thoughts on the following topics:
- Action items (things I need to do before I leave)
- What to do with my stuff (what to take, sell, donate, store…)
- How to manage my house while I’m gone
- Getting my student visa (under construction)
- Arranging for housing (under construction)
- (others TBD)
I’d love to have comments from people who have some experience in moving away for a couple of years, especially if you have moved to another country — and especially if your move was across an ocean.