This page gives more detail than the summary on the “My Options” page.
- Location: Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Possible topics: TBD
- Department: Design Research (see also the Centre for Design Research)
- Topic match (more on that later)
- Faculty (I know Gilbert Cockton fairly well and Mark Blythe slightly, and I’m confident I would enjoy working with them)
- Distance from London & friends
- Lower amount of consulting work available
- Harder to get to Italy and the USA (although I’m told it’s only an hour from Edinburgh, which has better connections than Newcastle)
- Fees: For 2011-2012, £10,300.
Prof. Gilbert Cockton, whom I know from CHI and other places, thinks that one of my topics would be a great match.
The university’s website has lots of helpful information about accommodation.
For some reason, the Centre for Design Research thinks that Flash is still made by Macromedia. Hmmm…